You ticket prices for the Copa do Brasil final they harmed many Flamengo fans when it came to purchasing a place at Maracanã. Costing up to R$4500, tickets have not yet been sold out, a rarity for a decision, especially involving Rubro-Negro. Income, however, is expected to break records.
O Football in the Vein understands that, according to the board’s expectations, the income from the match should exceed R$16 million. If the prediction matches, the figures will be the highest in the history of a football game involving Brazilian clubs. The previous mark is R$14,176,146, from the 2013 Libertadores final, between Atlético-MG and Olimpia.
Income from the 2022 final would also be surpassed by Flamengo
Last year, Flamengo had an important mark in the final. Against Corinthians, Rubro-Negro pocketed R$ 11,177,332 in the return game, at Maracanã. Prices increased by more than 80% in relation to the 2022 decision. A ticket for the Eastern Sector, at the time, cost R$650 (full non-member) and currently costs R$1200 (full non-member).
See the five biggest incomes in the history of Brazilian football
- Atlético-MG 2 x 0 Olimpia – Libertadores 2013 – R$ 14,176,146 in income
- Flamengo 1 (6) x (5) 1 Corinthians – Copa do Brasil 2022 – R$ 11,177,332
- Flamengo 2 x 0 Athletico Paranaense – Copa do Brasil 2013 – R$ 9.7 million in income
- Atlético-MG 4 x 3 Red Bull Bragantino – Brasileirão 2021 – R$8.8 million in income
- Atlético-MG 4 x 0 Athletico Paranaense – Copa do Brasil 2021 – R$8.8 million in income
Flamengo and São Paulo face each other this Sunday (17), at 4pm (Brasília time), at Maracanã. The return, which will decide the champion of the 2023 Copa do Brasil, will be played a week later, at the same time, in Morumbi.