Corinthians and Grêmio made history on Monday night (18). The teams played a very busy game, which featured comebacks, two turnovers and eight goals. In the end, 4-4, the score with the most goals in the current edition of the Brazilian Championship so far. Despite being frantic, the match ended with controversy at the end.
During extra time of the game, the Gremistas were angry with the refereeing and complained a lot about a handball from Yuri Alberto inside the area. Wilton Pereira Sampaio, however, did not go to VAR and ordered the match to continue. Neto, Corinthians idol and Band presenter, gave a favorable opinion to Tricolor Gaúcho and said that the referee should have awarded the penalty in favor of Imortal.
“Penalty. The truth is that it was a penalty. Sorry, but it’s a penalty. And he won’t give a penalty”, said Neto during the broadcast on ‘Rádio Craque Neto’.
Neto, who is a Corinthian, says that it’s a penalty like any human being, with the exception of Wilton Pereira Sampaio and Var’s horn pic.twitter.com/Z8llNDPXq5
— Rusch (@ruschdepre) September 19, 2023
Corinthians’ next games
- Corinthians x Botafogo – Brazilian Championship – Neo Química Arena – Friday (22/9), at 8pm (Brasília time);
- Corinthians x Fortaleza – Copa Sudamericana (semi-final – first leg) – Neo Química Arena – Tuesday (26/9), at 9:30 pm (Brasília time);
- São Paulo x Corinthians – Brazilian Championship – Morumbi – Saturday (30/9), at 6:30 pm (Brasília time)
Grêmio’s next games
- Grêmio x Palmeiras – Brazilian Championship – Arena do Grêmio – Thursday (21/9), at 9:30 pm (Brasília time);
- Fortaleza x Grêmio – Brazilian Championship – Arena Castelão – Saturday (30/9), at 4pm (Brasília time);
- Internacional x Grêmio – Brazilian Championship – Beira-Rio – Sunday (08/10), at 4pm (Brasília time)