Cruzeiro enters the field at the beginning of the evening of this Sunday (3), at 18:30, against RB Bragantino, in Mineirão, in a match valid for the 22nd round of the Brazilian Championship. The match, the first after the dismissal of Portuguese coach Pepa, is extremely important for the Celeste club to be able to maintain a safe distance from the relegation zone for Série B. With 25 points in 21 games, Raposa is four points above Z4.
Without a coach agreed to continue the season, Cruzeiro will be commanded by Fernando Seabra, coach of the under-20 team at Raposa. Despite the change on the sidelines, Celeste’s starting team should be very similar to the one that lost the match to Grêmio, last Sunday (27), by 3-0, in Porto Alegre.
The only two changes should happen at right-back, where William, recovered from injury, returns to take the place of Colombian Helibelton Palacios, and in the attack, with Bruno Rodrigues being chosen to replace Wesley, who contracted a virus during the week and lost some training sessions, becoming an option in the reserve bank.
William and Bruno Rodrigues are some of the main celestial highlights of the season. In the last few games, the pair dropped in performance, as did the entire Cruzeiro team. But the return of the players, despite the loss of Wesley, who had been standing out in the team, is good news amidst the chaos of the last week on Cruzeiro.
RETURNS AND DISCOUNTS ON THE CRUISE
Among the players returning to the team after injury are right-back William, who starts the game, and defender Lucas Oliveira, who recovered from an injury to his right ankle and will be an option on the bench.
Gustavo Aleixo/Cruzeiro pic.twitter.com/s2v6ndMIR1
— Maic Costa (@omaiccosta) September 3, 2023
Probable lineup of Cruzeiro
Interim coach Fernando Seabra should climb Cruzeiro to take RB Bragantino with: Rafael Cabral; William, Neris, Luciano Castán and Marlon; Matheus Jussa, Lucas Silva and Mateus Vital; Bruno Rodrigues, Arthur Gomes and Rafael Elias.
Cruzeiro has returns and casualties
In addition to William, a name that returns after some time out of action is defender Lucas Oliveira, who recovered from an injury to his right ankle and will be an option on the bench. Young defensive midfielder Ian Luccas, who also suffered trauma to his right ankle last week, returns and may be called upon by Fernando Seabra during the game.
On the other hand, striker Robert was not listed after feeling discomfort in the back of his left thigh during training.
- Matheus Pereira – Midfielder – 27 years old – Injuries to the posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments of the left knee
- Ramiro – Volante – 30 years old – Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament and injury to the lateral meniscus of the right knee
- Wesley Gasolina – Right-back – 23 years old – Anterior cruciate ligament tear and collateral ligament strain in the right knee
- Rafael Bilu – Forward – 24 years old – Rupture of the Achilles tendon in his left leg
Much criticized after losing the ball that resulted in the equalizer in the match on August 19, striker Gilberto, who was left out of the list for the game against Grêmio, was called up by Fernando Seabra for Cruzeiro x RB Bragantino. Despite the return, the player must remain on the bench. Rafael Elias, the Parrot, is the most likely to start the match.
Cruzeiro related to face RB Bragantino
- Goalkeepers: Rafael Cabral, Anderson and Gabriel Mesquita
- Defenders: João Marcelo, Palacios, Kaiki, Luciano Castán, Lucas Oliveira, Marlon, Neris and William
- Midfielders: Fernando Henrique, Filipe Machado, Ian Luccas, Lucas Silva, Mateus Vital, Matheus Jussa and Nikão
- Attackers: Arthur Gomes, Bruno Rodrigues, Gilberto, Paulo Vitor, Rafael Elias and Wesley
— Cruise (@Cruzeiro) September 2, 2023
Where to watch Cruzeiro vs RB Bragantino live?
- Date: September 3, 2023;
- Time: 6:30 pm (Brasília time);
- Local: Mineirão, in the city of Belo Horizonte, in Minas Gerais;
- Where to watch: Premiere (pay-per-view).